Friday, December 6, 2013

New or Old?

Are new horror movies better than old ones? By old ones I mean like Frankenstein and Van Helsing, and by new ones I mean Paranormal Activity and Insidious. I prefer the new ones, but hey.... the classics are great also! Who doesn't love a good monster movie. Personally I think that paranormal movies are better. Way back when, they didn't have paranormal movies in all honesty. The Others was a good ghost mind fucking movie. It just messed with my mind. It's kind of a old movie but also not to old. Nicole Kidman isn't old so I guess it might be considered a newer movie. But it is kinda old compared to The Conjuring. Which was amazing if I might say so myself. Based on a real story and everything. That movie is meant to be old but is new, thats another kind of genre horror movies come in. New but older style.
Those movies drive me crazy because they kinda make the movie cheezy. Because I mean come on, people didn't say, ohhhh noooo there's a ghost... No, their asses were out of there because they even see a ghost. At least I wouldn't sit there and try to talk to it and piss it off like they in movies now. Don't piss em off. Just leave and let them keep your house. Don't even take you shizz. Just leave. You can buy new things. You can't buy new lives. Old movies make ghost seem like freaks. They are just dead peoples souls that can't move on because of whatever they have keeping them here. They're "unfinished business."
New movies are more realistic, they show the ghost on how they are meant to be seen, not as freaks or creepy. They are shown as real people that just can't move on. Spirits have feelings too I think and they should be portrayed as so.
Does that tell you which is better? Old movies are great for just a good laugh kinda. New movies are were you might just piss yourself. Which is what most people look for in a good scary movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment